It’s the first week of practices for the 2016-2017 season! How exciting!
A few things to keep in mind:
- The gym can be very busy, especially with teams transitioning in and out at the same time. Please be patient, as our walking areas are not very wide.
- Parents are asked to remain inside the rooms while viewing. We realize you may not get the best view possible, but we would like to be able to keep the walkways clear. Also, the gym can be very loud with two teams at once, and it can be difficult for athletes to hear the coaches if there is a lot of ambient noise. Please be mindful of this.
- Please drive slowly in the parking lot. Ther are many small kids running about!
- The WHC Office is the last room along the orange wall. The pro-shop is also in the office. Feel free to pop in and say hi!
- We will have lots of staff available in the next week or so to help answer any questions you may have. Each team has several “Team Managers” who will help answer your questions about cheer, take payments, and sell pro-shop items.
- Remember to bring water, especially during these warm months. We do have water for sale in the kitchen for $1/bottle if you forget.
- Lockers are available to rent for the season at a price of $20 plus HST. If you are interested in renting a locker, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please remember no outside footwear on our mats/equipment please!
Absences: If you cannot attend your practice for any reason, please send a quick email to email@example.com. You will reach all the coaches and managers at once. The earlier the better. With enough notice, the coaches can attempt to get a replacement athlete for you during your absence so the team can still work on their choreography.
Other upcoming events:
Summer Camp: WHC is offering 4 awesome weeks of summer camp! Please click here for more information and to register! You don’t have to be a WHC athlete to attend, it’s open to everyone from age 4/5 (starting school in September 2016) to age 11.
Team Builders: All teams will be organizing a team builder at some point over the summer/fall 2016, once we get a few more weeks into the season. Last year, some teams went to Get Air, some went camping, some had a sleepover in the gym – stay tuned for more info on these events!
Group tumbling: Many of you have been asking about a group tumbling session (or two) this summer. We are working on a few options for everyone, and will be able to publish some information regarding these optional classes as soon as possible, with the expectation that they will be for July & August.
Erica, Jana, and Ashley